When I meet a bride and groom for the first time, one of the most common statements is that they don’t feel comfortable haveing their photographs taken. Unless you are a natural exhibitionist, I don’t think any of us are totally at ease in front of a camera. With all my wedding photography packages come with an optional engagement photography session which is a great way to become more at ease with having your photographs taken.
As well as becoming happy appearing in front of a camera, it also allows you as a couple to build a rapport with me the photographer. It’s also an opportunity for me to find out more about you and more about your special day.
Typically an engagement photography session lasts about an hour, and you will come away with images that you are welcome to share with on social media, friends and family or even print and frame it.
The location of the photo session is up to you. It could be a favorite walk, a fond childhood place, or even at a visit to your wedding location. If you are stuck for somewhere for the engagement photography photo shoot I can provide some ideas that you will like.
Ben and Lyndsey choose to do their pre-wedding photo shoot in their childhood village of Aston Rowant in Oxfordshire, very close to the church they will be getting married at. As you can see it was a very relaxed fun shoot.
Why have an engagement photography session?
1. A great way to get used to being in front of the camera.
2. Build up a very good rapport with the photographer.
3. It’s a good way for me to get to you know you as a couple, find at out about your big day.
4. Fun. It really is fun and a good way to spend part of the day. Couples and I often share a laugh or two.
5. It’s included with all my standard wedding photography packages.